Wednesday, July 2, 2008

'Nique of the Week (1 of 2) --- Stages and Career Objects

Hello again!
Visually there is nothing extraordinary about the auditorium that I made for "Work it Out", however the placement of the stage was a little tricky. It was only after several minutes of rebuilding the back wall and the stage did I realize that the stage cannot be against a wall. Experienced players and movie makers may believe my conclusion is too obvious and they may be right. I can't explain it, but for some reason it took me awhile to catch on to this method. Anyway, I used the deck tool to build a rectangular stage and placed a set of stairs at each end. Then I set up some chairs for the audience and decorated.

I ran into another problem when I realized that I needed a podium for the hosts. So, I bought a kitchen counter and put a table microphone on it that I downloaded from a custom content website. Of course after I built this magnificent podium and filmed the awards show scenes I realized that there is a podium in the career reward objects section. Oh well! You may recognize other career rewards objects in the video that I was able to use such as the obstacle course, punching bag, lie detector, and scanner. If you want the career rewards without reaching a high career level, press ctrl+shift+C then type unlockCareerRewards in the window.

I hope this was helpful! And as always ask any unanswered questions in the comment box.

Best wishes,
JakeT

No comments: