Wednesday, June 11, 2008

'Nique of the Week --- Mods

In addition to promoting the Jak in the Box series, I would like to share the techniques and strategies I used while making my videos. Ever since EA Games released The Sims 2 which has a movie making capability, gamers have been flooding the Internet with their own videos or machinima (videos created using video games). I became inspired to give video game filming a try after watching Sims movies on Youtube and The Sims 2 fansites. It's a surprisingly relaxing hobby and maybe other directors and I have inspired you to create a movie of your own. If you have decided to take on this challenge, I feel it is my duty to facilitate the process so others can avoid unnecessary stress. Although, discovery and experimentation are apart of the journey.

Each episode I try to challenge myself and do something different from my previous videos. Sometimes I succeed and sometimes I don't but there's no need to be discouraged. I am still somewhat of a novice but hopefully someone will learn something.

"Roll it Gal" is actually the second Sims video that I have ever made. My first video was a music video for "Throwback" by Usher. I plan to post it one day but it's a little grainy. I am a little more experienced now and I have made 5 videos. During filming mods (or modifiers) are essential. The InSIMenator is the most important mod because it can help you alter everything such as age, relationships, motive levels, pregnancies and more. The TS2 Studios mod has a list of reactions that are useful. You can make your Sim cry, laugh, and more without any other actions taking place. You can see my use for the lecture and yell menu options for singing and talking. The Custom Modeling Poses Overlay hack is what I used for the vacation picture in "Roll it Gal". It allows you to pose your Sim in a variety of ways.

I hope this was helpful. If you want anymore information and tips feel free to leave a comment and I will get back to you within 24 hours and in most cases within a few hours. If you want to find the listed mods and hacks just type the name into a search engine or go to modthesims2.com which has about every one you can think of and where to find it.

Good Luck with your movies and send me a copy to my email address or post the URL in a comment!

No comments: